Tuesday, September 25

Steampunk Potential: More Ann Taylor/LOFT Jackets on EBay

In Sunday's Pseudo Steam post I was wearing one of my favorite things in my entire wardrobe, my grey LOFT jacket.  It looks great with everything, it is just the right weight for Spring, Summer and Fall, it is machine washable, and it has 3/4 sleeves, which I love because I can do anything in them without fuss.  But I am starting to worry that I am going to wear it out too quickly--I seriously wear it all the time!  So I have been keeping my eye on Ann Taylor/LOFT jackets on eBay, looking to see if I can find other jackets that would meet the same style and practicality needs while adding some versatility to my wardrobe.  And when I find ones I like, of course I have to share them with you.

So, here are my eBay finds for today:


found here

This is a jacket I found in an earlier search, but in black.  I have really been smitten with the color aubergine recently, and this shape in this color in this lovely texture is just. . . lovely.


found here

Another dressy jacket, with nice detail on the piping and closure.


found here

Pretty color, nice texture--not so crazy by the way the lapel lays, but it might be better on a person.


found here

This one is hard to tell from the way they laid it out for the photo--it could either be a very cute military style jacket that could translate very well to Steampunk, or it could end up looking like 90's business chic.


found here

If you have been reading this blog for long you know I enjoy the little details on any item of clothing; these are often what can turn an overall fairly blah article into something subtly pleasing.  In this case, it is the contrast created by the piping color and texture.  From what I can make out of the buttons, though--uh, no.  Swapping out the buttons would be a must if you wanted to use this for a Steampunk look.



This jacket is also one I featured before, but in brown.  The listing has ended, though, so I'm not bothering to link it.  I really like the shapely cut of this jacket, and love this kind of texture in my winter wear.  Oh, and since I was needing another jacket, and since I did not have a brown one, and since the seller of the brown version of this one had a "make an offer" option, I made an offer for half of what was originally asked, and "won."  I can't wait to see it in real life.



This is another listing that has ended, but is so cute I had to share.  I love the color and texture, and the seller's other photos showed that this jacket has the same cute little pleated peplum in the back as my favorite grey jacket.  I really wish I could add this one to my wardrobe too, but I don't need it, so will admire it from afar.  Sigh.


found here

This one intrigues me.  I love the antique styling, and the lovely sheen, and the listing says it is even machine washable.  I have a feeling it hangs much better than what they are showing here--you gotta love when sellers are asking a lot of money for a piece of clothing, but don't bother to steam out the wrinkles or straighten it on the mannequin.  And I wish I knew if the color was accurate; if so, that is such a lovely stormy sea green.


found here

This one could also look a little too '90's in person--but it has potential, and I absolutely love the idea of using the "real" texture and feel of leather for Steampunk jackets.


found here

Now this one is very unusual in style--this is a warm winter jacket, with the outer shape of a Victorian jacket but an inner layer with a zipper and hoodie!  (I don't think they actually separate into two layers, and not sure they need to.) I actually kinda like it; it would be so practical for colder weather and yet would not fight with the other elements of Steampunk you might wear with it.  So, could be a great find for someone with that need.


found here

This jacket is not very Steampunk;  I'm not even sure it is on the Victorian spectrum, but it is channeling something antique in style and that works for me.  I love the contrast piping, but only because of that adorable button detail at the waist--that's the kind of detail that is a little delightful surprise.  The seller's other photos show this has buttons on the sleeve cuffs too--love it.  And it is 3/4 shape, my favorite!  I only wish I could tell the tone of the denim; on a piece that this, just the tone of blue/grey changes its whole feel.  The seller says it is dark blue; if it were more on the black side, it would be more versatile for trying to work into a Steampunk wardrobe.


found here

I find this jacket absolutely adorable too.  It is feminine and fun, but yet looks like it would be easy to wear. And it is another 3/4 sleeve. I debated making this one my brown jacket for the fall, but decided the other one would be more practical, to carry me into winter.  So this too I shall admire from afar.


found here

I actually can't quite place the historical feel of this jacket, and it is not Steampunk at all--but it is gorgeous, and so I had to share it, for those of you who appreciate modern re-inventions of antique styles, whether Steampunk or not.  Another one that would likely be really flattering on me. . . good thing I am being sensible in my selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment