Saturday, November 17

Steampunk boots at Zappos, Fall 2012--The Last Hurrah Pt. 2


Reiker Annemarie

Subtle spat effect on a Western bootie--and another buckle and brass stud combination that I am finding myself drawn too.



Very basic boot, almost boring--except for that adorable zipper and snap-flaps on the heel.


Earth Buckeye

Another hybrid boot with spat suggestion--this time I like the curved lines of the "spat" and the thin-wrapped straps.


Ariat Lowland

I featured this same boot in the tall version in one of my very first boot posts; I think I like the short version better.  Esp. those strap loops with metal studs. And the antiqued pewter metal tone is refreshing too.


Indigo by Clarks Majorca

A more wintery boot, but definitely with steampunk style.  Another angled zipper, too--must be a trend this fall.


Miz Mooz Detty

No nonsense, with just the right amount of buckles and straps.



The glossy texture of the leather and the shiny brass details make this boot a little dressier than some.


Miz Mooz Bailey

Another one that reminds me of "Little Dirigible Over the Prairie."  I like how feminine this boot is in shape.


Caterpillar Casual Misa

This is the second tall boot I have seen this week with some kind of built-in pocket detail.  Would work well for steampunk, and I like the unusual wrapped strap detail on the toe.


Pikolinos Verona

I am a fan of Pikolinos, but their most steampunky boots tend to lean more on the Western end of the spectrum.  Still, I like the leather tone here, and the two different kinds of straps/buckles.  I would not call this a steampunk boot, but it could still work well with a more Western-themed steampunk ensemble.


Eric Michael Doris

Another tall boot basic.


Fidji g586

Very pretty little bootie.  I absolutely love the texture and color of the leather, and the hint of a spat is just lovely with the feminine straps.  The heel is also much more Victorian in shape than a lot of booties, like the Pikolinos above.


Vintage Shoe Company Molly Jump Boot

I may have featured these boots before.  I just had to share them again.  I am a huge fan of the Vintage Shoe Company--well made, just beautiful in person, and made in the good old USA.  There are so many boots of this "vintage airman" style online, but this is the best of them all--such a rich leather, so well tooled, and just the right combination of combat-esque toe and antique detail.




No comments:

Post a Comment